The UAS Erfurt Press Office is an interface for the communication of information between the University and business, politics, the student body and university staff. It provides experts as contact persons and issues information on offerings, services and developments in teaching and research.
In addition, it is linked to the Informationsdienst Wissenschaft (IDW), in which German-language university press offices offer support for researches by journalists in the World Wide Web. Via IDW, selected press releases are distributed and, in its role as a broker of experts, establishes contacts.
Interested journalists can be included in the FH press release distribution list (presse@no - spam.fh-erfurt.de).
The Press Officer is currently deputy chairperson of the Thuringian Universities Press offices working group (website of the group)
The duties of a Press Office are numerous. Here is a brief description:
- Creation of Press releases and press articles
- Answering of media queries
- Editing of University publications such as Semester newspaper "Quadratmeter", University Guide (up to 2011/12)
- Coordination and organisation of events,
e. g. UAS Information Day, Erfurt Children's University, The Long Science Night in Erfurt, Erfurt UAS Day with the University Street Party
- Collaborations with internal and external cooperation partners
- Close cooperation with the Marketing and Corporate Design departments
Press Office equipment:
- Networked computer workplace,
- Digital photographic equipment
A large range of text and image processing is possible with this equipment. Programs used include Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.