Prof. Matthias Gather
- Member of the "Transport and Spatial Planning Institute"
- University's representative for federal and european research funding
Classes - Bachelor in Transport and Logistics
(linked to descriptions in German)
Classes - Master in Intelligent Transport Systems and Mobility Management
- Urban- and regional planing (3730)
- Professor for transport politics and spatial planning,
Erfurt University of Applied Sciences
- Transport politics
- Regional development
- Regional and environmental planning
Research projects after 2003 are listed in the Transport and Spatial Planning Institute.
- GATHER, Matthias; KAGERMEIER, Andreas; LANZENDORF, Martin: Geographische Mobilitäts- und Verkehrsforschung. = Studienbücher der Geographie. E. Schweizerbart'sche Verlagsbuchhandlung. Stuttgart 2008.
- MACKINNON, Danny; PIRIE, Gordon; GATHER, Matthias:
Transport and Economic development. In KNOWLES,R.; SHAW, J.; DOCHERTY, I (ed.): Transport Geographies. Blackwell. London 2008.
- GATHER, Matthias:
Transport infrastructure, accessibility and regional development - A German case study. In: Larsen, Lisa Bibby (ed.): Transport, Mobility and Regional Development. Regional Studies Association. London November 2007. S. 59-62.
- Member of the Institut Verkehr und Raum (Transport and Spatial Planning Institute)
- Co-editor of Studien zur Mobilitäts- und Verkehrsforschung (SMV), Mannheim (Studies of Mobility and Transport Research, book-series)
- Member of the international editorial board of the Journal of Transport Geography (ed. Richard Knowles)
- Chair of the working group 1.3.4 „RIN-Anwendungen“ Forschungsgesellschaft für das Straßen- und Verkehrswesen (FGSV)
- Scientific member of the advisory board of the Regionale Planungsgemeinschaft Mittelthüringen (regional planning board)
- Scientific member of the transport advisory board of the UVP-Gesellschaft e.V., Hamm (German EIA Association)
- Member of the Transport Geography Research Group Committee (Chair: Jon Shaw)
- Member (1999 bis 2004 chair) of the Arbeitskreis Verkehr der Deutschen Gesellschaft für Geographie (Research Group of Transport of the German Association of Geography) (Chair: Markus Hesse and Barbara Lenz)
- Member of the international advisory board of econex verkehrsconsult gmbh, Wuppertal
- Member of the Evangelical Academy Advisory Board, Erfurt
- Singer in the quartette QuadroTon, Erfurt